Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Being in Korea - part 1

Hey peeps,

Just thought I'd update this a bit - you know, I have to make it a habit if I am to keep this up, me being a masterba, I mean, master procrastinator and all.

Anyhow, this is more for the peeps back in the States ('sup) - (part of) my general consensus of living in Korea as a whole.

Well, it's certainly different, being that, you know, Korea's not the US and all - but where to begin? Hmm, let's begin with the small things - there's an Outback steakhouse everywhere you look (Leah said that she has never been to one until she came to S. Korea). And they serve kimchi and fried rice with their meals; I wish I could say I was joking, but I'm not kidding here folks, they're serious about that shit here.

Ah, speaking of restaurants; here's one more - you know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Seoul?
Answer: nothing. They don't have a fucking quarter pounder. Most of their menu, save for the Big Mac and Cheeseburger, is completely different. And they deliver (free of charge, no tip), too.

And, of course, you can't forget the penis fish.
They eat that here. I mean, not the "they" as in "all of them Koreans" but think of the same ratio as Americans that eat prairie oysters.
But, dear reader, notice the aquariums in the video where the penis fish were? That's right - being a peninsula, fish is cheaper than beef and pork here - and fresh, to boot.

I mean, I could go on and on about food in Korea, but I think the rest is up for another time. Peace out, yo.

- This next part is more for my sake than anything else, so don't mind me.

Being in Korea is;
  • Food
    • Variety
    • Itaewon
    • Tipping
  • Sexuality/Dating in Korea
    • Whore alley
    • Gay, or attitudes towards
    • Picking up one night stands vs marriage material
  • Perception of foreigners
    • Towards foreign women vs men
    • Towards gyopos
  • Job
  • Family

No comments: